Monday, January 28, 2013

Candidate Profile - Timothy Fardon



I take this opportunity to introduce myself and appreciate your time taken to read this.

My name is Timothy (Tim) Fardon and I have completed my 4rd Year of the Geographic Information Science and Commerce Property Degree at Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia.  I have just been invited to do the merit based GIScience Honours Program in 2013. Without a second thought I accepted the offer.  

I am writing this article in the anticipation for the opportunity of future employment and/or Honours Project ideas and possibilities. It is recommended an industry backed GeoSpatial problem be undertaken as the Honours project. Preferably I would be able to work Full Time with a company based in Perth, Western Australia, that could offer a sound project worthy of Honours research. 

I have been working for Cleveland Mining, an Australian exploration company which now has an operational Gold Mine in Brazil, for the past 7 months on a casual basis.

Responsibilities/Tasks I have completed for Cleveland Mining are as follows:-

-          3 weeks on the Brazilian Mine Site office teaching three Brazilian Geologists how to digitise, manipulate and use ESRI ArcGIS.
-          A Digital Terrain Model for an Amazon located exploratory project. Satellite imagery collected and used.
-          Various maps of Geological Structures, Infrastructure and Drill Holes
-          Geo-Database Creation, Indexing and Updating. No ArcGIS software was in use prior to my employment.
-          Spatial Analysis of Drill samples e.g. Kriging to highlight areas of greatest Gold ppb results.
-          Thematic maps for Cleveland Mining Annual Reports.


I have the normal experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office software and have worked with MapInfo, AutoCAD and SQL programming software previously.

I would appreciate the opportunity to gain further Industry Experience and if you would like to see an example of my work please make contact.  

Yours Faithfully


Timothy Fardon

0430 013 016

timothyfardon(at)gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment