Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Luke Van Stryp - Profile


Luke Van Stryp


Cartographer



Education: Bachelor of applied science in Multimedia Cartography and Geographical Visualisation (2011). BAppSc.


I am a mature age recent graduate from RMIT University eager to begin my spatial journey. I had postponed my mapping passion having fallen into the family business of retail for many years. However I could no longer ignore my calling and sold my house and my business and returned to school to enhance my employability in the industry. Having had recent experience in the field doing data capture for Rapidmap, I am now ready to accept my next challenge.

My skills in software include :
  • Adobe Illustrator,
  • Flash,
  • Dreamweaver,
  • In design,
  • Word,
  • Excel,
  • Photoshop,
  • ArcGIS including:
Geocoding & dynamic segmentation, Path analysis & Network applications, view-shed/watershed analysis, spatial interpolation, GIS models &modelling.
  • MapInfo,
  • Google sketch up,
  • Erdas Imagine,
  • Powerpoint.

In my most recent position at Rapidmap, I Collected data in the field for asset management in various locations in Victoria, using MapInfo derived software on a tablet PC.  Maintaining a company vehicle, using a field GPS to derive geo-location of assets for council database. Completed work was submitted via e-mail. Quality control checking colleagues work and re-submitting to management. Using a leveller to ascertain the accurate position and height above the geiod of council assets.

  • Exposure to a variety of project work.
  • Exposure to a variety of technology.
  • Mixture of field and office work.

I am looking for a position of responsibility, in producing maps, including designing and production. However I would consider a role in GIS if it involved mapping products. I am obsessed with maps, and I assume like most in this industry I have collected them on my travels. I read maps everywhere I go and analyse how I could produce them more efficiently. I have been doing the occasional project on the side since finishing uni including using my skills in Illustrator to complete several brochures for local businesses.

I also find an interest in teaching others the beauty of map production and would relish a role that might involve  in the future some mentoring applications to feed this passion I have.

I am country based, outside of Melbourne.  I am willing to relocate intrastate if need be.  I would consider the right role interstate.

I have a young family to support, and I am ready to start work anytime.

Please call me if you have any roles that might suit me. My resume is ready on request.


0419092334

Thank you for the taking the time to read my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment