Friday, September 14, 2012

Saini Gurminder Singh







Saini Gurminder Singh

0424324230



Graduate in Science, with Post Graduate Diploma in Computer applications, I started my career in GIS with NSW Fire Brigades in 2007. I gained professional experience in MapInfo to support Operational Communications, maintaining FireCAD data, managing state Gazetteer, Fire services resources and Mapping.

I joined NSW Rural Fire Service during 2008 in State Operations as FireCAD Information and Support Officer. Primary role was to support data analysis and mapping fire incidents. Building and managing Spatial Datasets, state wide RFS brigade locations, resources and administrative boundaries for RFS Central Dispatch System.

With my knowledge base of GIS Applications, Geo database management, strong Geo processing and Analysis skills I took over the charge of GIS Analyst to support RFS operations, mapping and drafting Mutual Aid Zones, Jurisdictional boundaries considering Population & Housing expansion and Industrial Growth.

I have extensive experience on geo-processing tools working with MapInfo Professional / ArcGIS 9x/10x. I gained ArcGIS knowledge attending various courses with ESRI up to Spatial Analyst level and applied my skills to gain working experience as GIS Analyst to cater to the ongoing requirements of State Operations.

I have experience in developing, managing and implementing GIS data in various applications. I worked through RFS corporate spatial datasets and spatial data sourced from external agencies, e.g., Lands data (LPI/LEP), Roads, Forests & National parks, Local councils and Census.

My data integration skills along with data mining, transformation, statistical reporting and mapping skills added success to all fields of my work with State Operations.

I have strong Spatial Analysis skills such as Geo-processing, Geo-coding, analysis, mapping & building quality business relationships. I am able to interpret and analyse spatial datasets to create statistical reports and presentations.

Working on GIS support role, I worked on many areas of significant importance to improve state operations dealing with fire incidents, fire behaviour and future planning with respect to human growth and housing expansion.

I have strong problem solving abilities. I actively took part in drafting, designing and implementing Rural Fire Service Central Dispatch System for Mid North Coast (Coffs Harbour and Bellingen LGA) and Warringah & Pittwater local govt. areas, which added flexibility and success to RFS ICON (Incident Control OnLine).

I worked through many platforms to improve Fire & Emergency services datasets, including Lands and Environment planning, Lands and Property Information, Rural Fire Service Brigade locations, Resources locations, Brigade & District boundaries.

I have great organisational, strong interpersonal and team management skills. I represented Rural Fire Service as a key member to assist Fire and Rescue New South Wales in developing, testing and deploying spatial datasets for Emergency Services Computer Aided Dispatch (ESCAD). As a team leader I developed major datasets, created and attached Operational business rules to state Gazetteer data set, created Mutual Aid Zone areas & maps to ensure error free implementation of ESCAD in time.

My ability to work under pressure in time bound environment including effective communication with people at all levels and from a wide variety of backgrounds and culture, helping nature to provide information & assistance to staff on broad range of issues for better outcome and timely response, responding to queries from the department or general public, and to negotiate with other departments & agencies with attention to details and  business rules added to success on my previous role, and also are my strong qualifications to suit the requirements of GIS and Spatial Analyst.

I consider myself an enthusiastic, result driven and focused person and looking new challenges and better opportunities to work as GIS support and/or GIS/Spatial Analyst. I am flexible to adjust in any environment, work under pressure and unsupervised.

Living happy life with healthy work-life balance,  primarily looking to settle in a new GIS role in and around Sydney. But, to some extent I am flexible to relocate if offered suitable permanent role in GIS to show cause my GIS skills.

Originally Indian, I have strong religious ethics (Sikhism) and am proud Australian Citizen.




No comments:

Post a Comment