Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sick of doing more work for the same pay? Join the club

See below an interesting article in SMH: Sick of doing more work for no pay? Join the club. The article deals with non-monetary methods of keeping employees engaged and motivated.

From a personal perspective I was formerly paid a better wage than I am now, however my boss at the time was a tyrant, leading to an unhappy and de-motivated workforce. Contrary to this, my next job was for less pay, but for a much nicer boss. As a result, I was far happier, both at work and at home.

People seek to earn more money because they think it will make them happier. From my personal experience, this was incorrect; less money meant a far more content me.

http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/managing/blogs/the-venture/will-you-get-a-pay-rise-this-year-20130611-2o0yf.html


Looking for your next role? Look no further than Spatial Jobs Online - click here to find your next dream job.

No comments:

Post a Comment