Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Srichand Busi – GIS Analyst



Srichand Busi – GIS Analyst

Email: dr_busi3@yahoo.com

Education: PhD with remote sensing and GIS

I graduated from International Institute for Population Sciences with a doctorate degree in geosciences, urban planning, urban development specialization with remote sensing and GIS and I’ve spent the last 11+ years experience in Geographical Information System (GIS). My background is in Geography and has worked as GIS Engineer/Senior Research Scientist/GIS Officer. I am an advanced GIS user and have extensively applied GIS in land use mapping, asset management and local government environment. I possess good leadership and project management skills. My special areas of interest include satellite images, aerial photography, (remote sensing) land information systems, GIS applications in Natural Resources, Asset Management, land use and urban planning, migration studies, GIS development, assessment and modeling/GIS integration has provided me a well rounded skill set. These experiences within both the public and private sectors make me a fully qualified and ideal candidate for a wide variety of positions within the Geospatial industry. My experiences working for multiple agencies within these vastly different sectors has provided me with an extremely solid and diversified background working with data in a variety of formats, projections and file types while adhering to individual agency standards. Through these experiences I’ve developed a unique skill set focused on the entire life cycle of geospatial data. This diverse skill set involves an in depth process which includes design and development of GIS data dictionaries, data processing, analysis, management, serving, maintenance and archiving. Data development and progression also involves software, hardware and data structure compatibility as well as coordination of research and development of alternative or superior data analyses, inventories, techniques and protocols.
After completing my PhD, I was joined as postdoctoral researcher under the designation of senior research scientist at Andhra Pradesh State Remote sensing Application Center, India. During this job, I was participated with 2 major projects 1. WMC project, 2. KG BASIN GIS project.
For the project 1, I participated to make land use change analysis. For this I developed integrated data model from various data providers and integrated them use knowledge base programming which has improved high definition data to mapping and analysis. During this project I made three papers title 1) “urban field of Warangal and their inter urban movement” 2). Directions for GIS in urban planning 3). Assessment of socio physical environment of a historical city with geographical information systems a case study of Warangal.
For the project 2, I participated in supervising the integration of spatial data into KG basin GIS on this project I made 1 paper, title” the study of knowledge based database assistance applied to building the sustainable development strategy in Kolleru lake.
And from the conference side I participated in 2 international conferences 1) population association of America (PAA) during March 2000, B0 international conference on remote sensing and GIS/GPS during December 2000.

During this job I participated not only the GIS data integration methods and I worked with Kolleru lake sustainable strategies which are involved as, field observation includes study the people economical function activities increasing mapping data accuracy, conducting oral interview with aqua farmers, motivating the people to understand the importance of Kolleru lake and its environs.
I have used computers and geographical information systems both at work and home for over 11 years and am experienced in using a wide range of GIS software packages, including the full suite of ESRI products and map info professional. I used ESRI’s arc info 7.2 through 10 including arc view 3x, and arc GIS 9.1 through 10 including arc edit, arc plot, arc map and arc catalog. And from map info 6.0 through 10.0 and from remote sending software I have used PCI geomatics product EASI/PACE which is works on rater and vector formats. And from drafting and for data conversion I have used auto cad 14 through 2010 and microstaion.
To demonstrated experience and skills in GIS data management (collection, storage, editing, retrieval, etc), GIS analysis (advanced use of GIS analytical functionalities), GIS modeling (modeling spatial dynamics, creation of automated models, scenarios generation, 3D spatial modeling, etc) and GIS development (script programming, customized interface, plug-in development, etc), here I like to explain my project on WMC (Warangal municipal corporation) experimenting with and emerging technology in a laboratory setting such as applying knowledge based data sets with artificial intelligence with remote sensing and GIS technology for calculus the urban trend analysis. Here I like to explain how I did this as follows.
Methodology:
Data for accessing:
Data for analysis taken form survey of India topographical maps, series no. 56 for the year 1982, census land use maps for the year 1971, 1981, and 1991 satellite imagery taken by national remote sensing agency by using IRS 1A, satellite on march 1991, LANDSAT TM satellite imagery by NRSA by using NASA on April 1995.
Topographical map and both satellite images use was calculated through studying the spectrum of colors as each color devote a different type of land use. The data covering entire Warangal city area is studied using false color imagery for extracting information on physical urban growth in the city limits and its hinterland which is effect on natural resources.
The area under different type of land uses on census maps, surrey of India topographical maps and IRS 1A, LANDSAT TM satellite imageries. As I mentioned before this study motivated to applies supervised classification  (maximum likelihood method) to classify conditions  land use/land cover then join spectral characters and GIS data by knowledge based system for increasing classification accuracy step by step process as…
  1. Hierarchies for the classification on land cover/use
  2. System requirements
  3. System Design hardware subsystems, and software subsystems)
  4. Logical and personal design
  5. System analysis ( here I used DFD (Data flow diagram on present GIS)
  6. Data Dictionary
  7. First stage of Decision Tree
  8. Second stage of decision tree
  9. Decision table
  10. Decision diagram of knowledge representation
  11. Flow diagram of knowledge  based system
  12. Data structure chart
  13. Database management system
  14. Objectives of GIS DBMS
  15. Using commands and their use
  16. Sample mock up
I have proven that I can quickly, easily and proficiently adapt to a variety of working environments, scenarios, and situations. I take pride in my high level of professionalism and that I am hardworking with exceptional creativity, direction, and people skills in management and team scenarios. I am an excellent researcher and teacher and have a keen knack for explaining efforts and approaches to staff as well as external customers/agencies. I have also proven my ability to be highly adaptive with new hardware, software and applications so as to find the optimal solution to the task at hand.
I am seeking an opportunities in the private or government sectors where my experience and knowledge can be leveraged to create innovative and effective capabilities. My passion is to apply a location context to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business activities and is seeking roles where my knowledge can be applied.
I am happy to discuss any opportunities and also to provide a resume.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities please contact me via my email address.
dr_busi3@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment